And so it got me thinking about other things that I secretly consider to be massively over-rated and that require a slightly confessional air when you admit to not liking them:
- Opaque tights - every autumn, the fashion journalists are beside themselves with excitement that it is once again time to bring out that great staple, the opaque tights. But they are hot and itchy and make your legs look fat - definitely over-rated.
- Sunbathing - b...o...r...i...n...g...You get sweaty, sunburned, and you can't hold your book in a comfortable position.
- Elton John. I know he's meant to be a national treasure, but I just don't get what all the fuss is about. Bad music, dreary singing voice, strange lyrics. Nobody can explain to me what the appeal is.
- A massage. I've had a few massages because it is something that the magazines tell me will be relaxing and therapeutic, but I can assure you it is not. I spend the whole session trying not to laugh because it is so ticklish, and then end up getting told off by the masseuse.
- Cucumber. It doesn't taste of anything.
- New Year's Eve. If you go out, everything is ten times busier and more expensive than usual, and if you stay in you feel like a loser.
What things do you secretly think are over-rated?