Friday 13 June 2008

Distraction and progress

I have made a good start on the second quilt this week.

I've sewn some bibs for new babies and a dress for O's Clothkitty doll:


I've used my zipper foot for the first time, and made a zipped pouch from Bend The Rules Sewing.

.

I've read lots of Kaffe books:

.

I've played around with ricrac, ribbon and buttons:

.

.

Inspired by U-Handblog, I've booked a course at The Make Lounge next week.

.

I've even contemplated sewing on name tapes:

.

.

Piecing a fence rail quilt is SO DULL! No wonder it has been lying abandoned and part pieced at the bottom of my sewing box for 15 years. The only way I can do it without losing my sanity is to piece a few blocks each time I sew something else.

.

.

Its getting there - I've got 76 blocks pieced, and there are 120 in total. By the time its done there will be a great many well dressed babies and dolls!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.