Thursday 26 November 2009

Cake, not sewing

There has been much sewing this week. But everything has been a Christmas present for somebody, so I'm not showing any pictures. Instead you will have to imagine me surrounded by piles of fabric, grinning at my delightful new machine and listening to endless Radio 4 podcasts. It has been a very good week.

But I think you still need something nice to look at, so here's a picture of this week's cake instead. The marvellous mocha cake from Rachel Allen's Bake. Just look at all those reviews on Amazon - it's clearly not just me who loves this book! Go and get yourself a copy if you haven't already.


Oh, and you can have a look at some knitting as well. Last night I finished the second baby kicking bag of this autumn - the second new nephew is due in just about a month's time. This is such a lovely gift for a winter baby - he will be toasty and warm in this brightly coloured bag. The pattern is a free one from Ravelry, and it's very straightforward to knit.



4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful looking cake! I don't think that will hang around for long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, the mocha cake is a firm cafe favourite-and the Bake book is fantastic. My copy is covered in flour and eggs, which is nice.

    Love the snuggly baby bag!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Bake fan here!

    I wonder how long it would take to knit one of those bags for me, it's so cold and they look so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And another Bake fan here! I haven't tried the mocha cake, but feel an urgent need to now!

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.