Saturday 30 August 2014

10 things

  • Graham and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary.  We went camping again - and Olivia insisted on doing a photo shoot of us snuggling up on a bench together.  She took close to 400 photos, just by holding the button down on my phone camera and telling us to smile.  There was just one I liked.  We took an anniversary selfie instead, which I am much happier with.  Sorry, Olivia!
 ...and a more formal, posed anniversary picture (by Livvy) #anniversaryAnniversary selfie #anniversary
  • The children and I went to Brick Lane, ate pakoras in the sunshine as we wandered around, and came home with a huge bag of bagels for the weekend.
 Eating pakoras, walking down Brick Lane in the sunshine #london #summerClever me for buying such a huge bag when I was in Brick Lane yesterday #bagelsallweekend
  • Cam likes his bagels with kippers for breakfast.  I like mine with avocado.
 A Brick Lane bagel, and a perfectly ripe avocado. The breakfast of champions (I hope - am off to parkrun shortly) #breakfast #avo #bagel #weekend
  • I did my first parkrun in my new running club t-shirt this morning.  Rumours that I chose this club because I find the shade of blue on their shirt particularly pleasing, are entirely false.
    My first run wearing my new running club t-shirt! Another fast-ish parkrun; my times are coming back down again  #running #etonmanorac #parkrun
  • We have a new dishwasher.  It is so quiet, it purrs.
  • Olivia sewed herself a top.  This is the first time she has done any dressmaking, and I was so impressed with the results.  She did everything herself, and all I did was explain some unfamiliar terms on the pattern.  The pattern is the Oliver + S Ice Cream Dress/Top, in the age 12 size.  It comes out quite short on her - she is a couple of months shy of turning 12, but is very tall.  She is keen to make another, and add a few centimetres onto the length.
 IMG_5717IMG_5721
  • I did some dressmaking too, and made myself a new dress - another Lisette Portfolio dress.  It has a seagull ribbon trim on the hem, which I bought in Whitby, and contrast fabric inside the pockets.  It may be my most favourite dress I've ever made for myself - or it may just be that whatever I've made most recently is my favourite.
 New dress finished! Ready to go camping in the morning now. The pattern is the Lisette portfolio dress (Simplicity 2245) #dressmaking #sewing #dress #handmade #pattern
  • I am keen to make more clothes while I am still on my long summer holiday.  Perhaps the Lisette Diplomat Dress, which I have the pattern for, but have not yet made.  Or maybe this Everyday Skirt?
  • My sister and her two small girls came for a visit.  The littlest cousin was completely unfazed by the two big teenagers thrusting their cameras at her every time she smiled, did something cute, or moved.
 Rosetta gets papped
  • I made 22 raspberry madeleines yesterday afternoon.  There are only five left this afternoon.
     22 raspberry madeleines. Utterly delicious. Took me less than 5 mins to make and just 9 mins to bake. Very satisfying. #baking #cake #madeleines #raspberry

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary - the time has gone so quick, 3 years already!!! Loving the top Olivia made - she's very good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Anniversary! Olivia did really well with her top! xx

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary Nancy. And well done Olivia, that's amazing sewing, the top is lovely. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Nancy, love both photos, you look so happy x

    and great sewing Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary y'both. I can't believe it is 3 years - it is only yesterday that O was planning her bridesmaids dress and now she is making her own clothes - incredible!

    Love that running top - it suits you! I can't remember when you started running but I suspect that if you had looked forward from your wedding and seen yourself in a running club tshirt you would not have recognised yourself. Is that fair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Alice, that's very true. I hadn't thought about it like that. A running almost-nurse - who would have thought? Not me!

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary! I don't know which looks more scrumptious,the sewing, the baby or the madeleines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! We celebrated ours this week too, camping too, at an explorer scout camp! Your daughters sewing is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.