Here's how I know that it is now autumn.
- The leaves are just beginning to change colour and drop. I need to start sweeping the back yard.
- It is cool enough in the mornings to wear my pashmina and a woollen hat (but no coat yet).
- My veg box had the first of this year's parsnips in it this week.
- The autumn germs have arrived in our house - and we've run out of sore throat sweets.
- The light from the bright autumn sunshine, streaming through the windows onto my knitting, is just beautiful.