Here are my rules for Sunday supper:
- Start with toast and then find something tasty to go on it. Tonight we had egg mayonnaise and parma ham, but other good toppings are farmhouse pate with gherkins, welsh rabbit, tomatoes and basil, goats cheese, slices of avocado, ham....
- Pour yourself a couple of glasses of something relaxing. Leftover cabernet sauvignon for us tonight.
- Put everything on a pretty tray, find nice plates and dishes and arrange it all so that it looks like you are making an effort.
- Pudding should be cake if you have any. Or leftover crumble from the Sunday lunch.
- Eat in the front room, off your laps, whilst watching Antiques Roadshow and flicking through the weekend papers.
It finishes off your weekend perfectly.