- enjoying the party atmosphere of four midwives, my mother and G in the room with me as I was in labour
- in disbelief that I could have forgotten how much it HURT
- fretting about C and whether he was going to be put out to come back from Nursery and discover a new sister
- extremely relieved that my children would not quite share a birthday
- determined to do things differently second time around - rest properly and let everyone fuss over me
- enjoying all the pretty pink baby clothes that had suddenly appeared
- pleased to find out that I was after all the sort of person who wanted her mother with her at the birth. I never thought that would be me, but it turns out it was, and I'm very glad it was.