Sunday 7 February 2010

In praise of ordinary, quiet weekends


  • A new pair of socks cast on.
  • Bacon rolls for Saturday breakfast, scrambled eggs and toast for Sunday's.
  • Bikes, skateboards and mud in Victoria Park.

  • Getting up unhurriedly, but finding that we're still up before the children.
  • strange film (but a good one).
  • Signs of spring - even in the murky morning light.

  • Secret plans for six family birthdays happening this month.
  • A brilliant book, started and finished.
  • A banana cake baked.
  • Family to hang out with.

5 comments:

  1. sounds like a fantastic weekend xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's so strange about Singin in the Rain? Apart from Gene Kelly's odd little capped sleeves?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the new 'do' Missis! really lovely!
    Book looks good, think I have read another one of hers that you recommended previously.
    I made a chocolate and banana cake. Obviously.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fantastic weekend,oh and I love the sock yarn.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sundays are so great! What was the book?

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.