One of the reasons I love this top so much is that it is trimmed around the neck, cuffs and hem with bias tape. I love everything about bias tape - making it, sewing it on, and the way it looks on the finished item.
As I sewed I thought about my most favourite and most hated sewing jobs.
Things I love about sewing:
- bias tape
- choosing fabrics
- seam ripping
- beautiful sewing books
- hand quilting
- putting in zips
- sewing machine feet
- the sound of heavy, sharp shears cutting through fabric
- good patterns
Things I loathe about sewing:
- pattern cutting
- wrestling tissue paper patterns back into envelopes
- hemming (unless with bias tape)
- sewing on buttons
- picking endless bits of thread off my socks
- bobbin winding
- having to work in inches most of the time
- pinning jersey fabrics
- having to stand in odd places of the house and take 25 photographs of myself in a mirror to get one shot I like.