Sunday 21 April 2013

Seen on the streets

Seen on the streets of Soho, in central London, on the first sunny Saturday afternoon of spring:
    Drinking in the sunshine with the nurses
  •  Hundreds of people, standing outside pubs, drinking wine and pints and turning their faces towards the sky, like sunflowers.
  • Two little girls, pony-galloping up Carnaby Street doing a complicated hand-clapping game together.
  • Three young dudes, zooming past on longboards.
  • A pretty young lady, wrapped in a gold pashmina, photographing her boyfriend's pint of beer with the biggest Nikon camera I've ever seen.
  • Three teenage girls, all wearing very high-heeled turquoise pumps, and with huge Primark bags hooked over their arms, teetering along the road singing Abba tunes together.
  • Three German tourists, wondering how many millilitres were in a pint.  Nobody could tell them.
  • Bubbles in my prosecco, as I enjoyed an afternoon out with some of my nursing friends.
 
Prosecco in the sunshine!
Springtime in London



2 comments:

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.