- The new sense of optimism and energy in our high street these days; Graham and I like stopping off for an espresso on our way out, if there's time.
- Three new hens! Including this blue-egg laying beauty, who we've called Adelaide. They are settling in very well.
- The novelty of having early mornings to myself - the children now sleep in until nearly 10am if left to their own devices.
- Visiting the Cutty Sark in its newly restored splendour at Greenwich. It was a fascinating day, and the boat has been restored brilliantly. We all loved the 'audience' of figureheads at one end of the boat.
- New tea towels from Snowden Flood, who designs such beautiful things.