A mood lifting playlist
- What goes around.../...comes around by Justin Timberlake - this has the bonus of sounding as if Justin is whispering sweet nothings in your ear, and the sentiment is rather zen and laid-back so perfect for diffusing work rage.
- Soul Bossa Nova by Quincy Jones - this is upbeat, uplifting and ever so slightly mad. It makes you want to dance along the street.
- Epoca by The Gotan Project - another song that makes you want to dance. Its a moody tango - satisfyingly aggressive.
- That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be by Carly Simon - this is a real piece of 70s vocal and guitar. Carly Simon has a beautiful, slightly melancholy voice.
- Older by George Michael - another melancholy song, but it didn't send me into a Monday depression as it is so well produced and a bit dreamy. Good for when there are seven minutes to wait until the next train and the platform is already full.
- If There's Any Justice by Lemar - just gorgeous. The song and Lemar.
- Its a Man's, Man's, Man's World by James Brown - after a day of being the only skirt in a roomful of suits this one really cheered me up. Great saxophone sounds too.
- Together by William Shatner and Lemonjelly - yes really. But it is fantastic. Weird but fantastic.
- Stan by Eminem - well, my day wasn't as bad as his.