I've had such a lazy day today - I haven't even left the house. On a day at home there are of course plenty of things I could be doing (should be doing perhaps). Our house is one big endless lists of jobs....
- Find out what's causing the smell of damp by the front door
- Find a builder to re-point the back walls
- Get the pane of glass in the sitting room door fixed
- Put wall filler in the holes in Cam's wall that appeared when his shelves fell down
- Paint the loft hatch (G seems to have a desire to do this for some reason)
- Buy a new grate for the dining room fireplace
- Plumb in a water butt
- Re-plaster, re-paint and re-carpet the whole darn building
I love our house and sometimes doubt I'll ever be able to bring myself to sell it or live somewhere else.
- It has sash windows
- The front railings were made for the house from the old Victorian railings of the church at the top of the road
- The children were born here
- Our neighbours are lovely
- It has window ledges deep enough for me to put pots of geraniums on
- We can have proper fires in the winter.
Tomorrow I shall go out, but tonight I think I will have another glass of cider and sit in my house.