Monday 28 July 2008

A festival in numbers



To remind myself that I am sometimes an accountant, after a weekend of behaving more like a blissed out, love-and-peace child from the 1960s, here is my tale of the festival in numbers.
  • people other than me, seen wearing aprons as fashion items: 6
  • feather boas purchased: 2
  • conversations with my sister-in-law bemoaning the disgusting state of our fingernails: 5
  • pirate ships danced on: 1
  • visits to portaloos: 20ish
  • visits to the eco-friendly composting toilets: 1
  • books packed: 5
  • books read: 2
  • nights I stayed up until 2am: 3
  • glasses of mead drunk: 4
  • days of unbroken sunshine: 5
  • conversations with people dressed as zebras: 4
  • glasses of Pimms drunk: 5
  • photos taken: 192
  • glasses of kir Breton cocktails drunk: 4ish
  • cold pints of cider drunk: 4
  • minutes spent fretting about everyday concerns: 0
  • cups of tea drunk: 8
  • cups of coffee drunk: 7
  • minutes spent fantasising about a nice hot bath: approx. 50
  • minutes spent in the bath when I returned home: 42
  • and many, many more hours spent lying in tents, lying outside on the grass, listening to music, dancing, chatting, people watching and grinning.




















~~~~~~~~~~
If you want to see even more photos, head over to my flickr set.

4 comments:

  1. Aww man that looks like a lot of funinthesun! Love seeing the photos and reading the list. Glad you had sunny skies and a great time! :)

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. total riot - been looking at the flikr photos. you wild child(ren), you! ;)
    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time! Very 1960's hippyish!

    I love the numbers thing is that what all accountants do!

    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the best list of all. a record of fun rather than a list of stuff to do. what was the festival?

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.