Saturday 20 December 2008

Christmas time

The holidays have at last arrived for all of us.

They began well with french toast and strong coffee early this morning.
.

The Christmas cards are tacked up all along the hallway.
.

A Christmas tree and its carefully wrapped decorations were retreived from the loft. There were a few curses (from me) and much patience (from G - he has incredible amounts of patience, more than anyone else I know) as the lights went up.
.
I decided we all needed emergency rations of fruit cake and Wensleydale to keep us going.
.
.
But at last, the tree, lights and decorations are where they should be, and our holidays have begun.
.
Happy Christmas everybody.

5 comments:

  1. Looking very festive!! love the lights outside as well :-)
    Have a lovely Christmas , Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've got to start with coffee! Happy Christmas to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely. Your daughter is also VERY beautiful.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous 2009.
    Love Jane. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah-lovely cosy Christmas scene-Rob just said "I do like O, she's cool" so there you go, praise indeed!x

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.