- Sewing secret Christmas presents for special people
- Visiting the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition at the Natural History Museum
- Admiring the new paint on the stonework on the outside of our house (who knew that watching paint dry could be so satisfying?)
- Showing C how to bake mince pies (the results were way too tasty to photograph them before eating)
- Putting the finishing touches to Christie's Holiday Traditions parcel
So no photos means that I must tell, not show. The opposite of what I mostly like doing.
It gives me a good reason to finally get round to doing this tag that Driftwood passed on to me. What photos am I going to find to go with any of this?
7 things to do before I die
- Go back to America. Take my children with me and show them all the places I love there. Explain to them why they were nearly called Austin and Virginia in a burst of hormonal nostalgia.
- Walk up some Alps
- Knit a pair of socks
- Finish the dratted monster fence rail quilt
- Have a holiday here
- Have grandchildren
- Visit Iceland
7 things I do now
- drink far too much coffee
- fret about the need to move house versus the imploding economy
- daydream about spending all my time sewing (not at all compatible with need to move house and imploding economy)
- go for walks to clear my head
- buy sewing books
- get up just that little bit too late in the morning
7 things I can't do
- be nice to anyone before I've drunk a cup of coffee
- iron (yet mysteriously I seem able to press seams really rather well - sssshhh - don't tell G)
- enjoy swimming - urgh, chlorine up the nose - urgh
- remember which way round repos and reverse repos work
- listen to G singing without wincing. Sorry, I do try, but I can't help it. I know its mean of me, but I think its some kind of instinctive reaction.
- stop fretting about the need to move house versus the imploding economy
7 things that I find attractive in the opposite sex
- working for a company that gives you free books
- big, soulful eyes
- the ability to iron so beautifully
- not singing, unless its perfectly in tune and a song that I like
- tolerence of pre-coffee grouchiness
- nice, chunky arms
7 things I say most often
- Have you got your lunchbox?
- I'll do it
- Sshhh - its the Archers
- Lord, I need a coffee
- Lets go for a walk
- Don't interrupt!
- Morning girls! Who wants some nice cabbage leaves?
7 celebrities that I admire
- Writers and cooks mostly
- Nigella Lawson, Jamie Oliver, Clare Chambers, Sarah Waters, Shirley Hughes, Nigel Slater, Dorothy L Sayers
7 favourite foods
- smoked salmon
I'm off to find my camera now. I'm forgetting what it looks like.