Thursday 5 February 2009

East End Knitters


Pinkie Cupcake and I were bemoaning the lack of easily accessible knitting groups. I can trek into Central London of an evening every now and then, but on a regular basis I know its not really going to happen.
.
So we've set up a knitting group on Facebook called East End Knitters and the inaugural meeting is next week. If you live locally and would like to come along, then please do get in touch!
.
Here is O's first mitten, waiting to be blocked and stitched up. I'm rather pleased with it! The second one is merely a few rows away from completion too. I love the madly pink/red wool - it is Patons Fairytale Color 4 me in colour 4981.

6 comments:

  1. oh I was i was closer - there is a complete lack of these sort of groups although I can only crochet a bit but even so would love to go to a crafty type club :-) mitten looks good i love the wool!!! enjoy your first meeting :-)
    Lesleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look great! now tell me, because I do not know and always wonder - what does block mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to it. Oh I have so much to learn...I can cast on, knit and cast off! Still, that's the point of the group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could join in - but I fear that the Pennines is not classed as "in the neighbourhood"!

    The Mitten look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No able to attend your group due to distance. However sounds like fun. I just recently finished some gloves too check it out!

    http://www.betweenhitchingposts.com/2009/01/pair-of-gloves-for-phil.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to start your own group, I've been meaning to look into finding a local group myself. Lovely to find another UK crafter/blogger. Niki xxx

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.