What I'm reading right now:
- A bedtime story for O - Miss Happiness and Miss Flower by Rumer Godden. A firm favourite from my childhood which I had forgotten about until a friend reminded me of it last year. The sweet story of a child who builds a Japanese doll's house for some new dolls she is given. O is absolutely loving it.
- Two dip-in-and-out history books - Life in Victorian Britain by Michael Paterson and The Victorians by Jeremy Paxman. I loved the Paxman series on TV last year - it was over far too quickly and I think I only managed to catch about half the episodes.
- An old comfort re-read at bedtime - Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver. I love all her books but this is the one I return to most often.
- A new book for my handbag and the tube journey to and from work - The Great Lover by Jill Dawson. Very good indeed so far.
- And in my 'to read' pile...The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne. A friend has leant it to me, but I am apprehensive. Not sure why. Also, The Information Officer by Mark Mills - I've loved all his books so far.
What's in your reading pile at the moment?