Sunday 16 October 2011

A thank you cushion

I haven't done much sewing reccently, and I've missed it.  I spent a couple of hours this afternoon cutting and piecing this cushion, and marvelled at how calming the whole process of sewing is for me.  I am very methodical when I sew, and I enjoy that.  I could do with being more methodical and less flighty in other things I do.

Purple & blue cushion

The cushion is a thank you present for a friend who has helped me out with some childcare this autumn.  Those sorts of friends really are the best, aren't they?

8 comments:

  1. I don't sew calmly; I sew in a frenzy, as if in a race against time. Will I get this sleeve on before someone needs something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cushion! Love your fabric choices. Is that some kaffe fassett I spy there? Those really are the best sort of friends. We're on the cusp of moving house and I'm rather apprehensive about leaving ours behind.Also agreed that Sewing really is a great way to find serenity. Laura xp

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful cushion and will be a much loved gift, like the one you made us!I love the colour and fabric combinations x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, that's a beauty! love the colours and patterns you've used, especially the KF stuff. V.fabulous indeed.Hope you've managed a few glasses of vino this weekend despite the madness!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friends that make you cushions for presents are the best too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one pretty cushion ... lucky friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just watched Kirstie Allsopp. YOUR cushion is mUCH nicer1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kirstie Allsopp, did someone just mention her. Oh dear.

    Like your cushion, it has a lot of depth to it, your colours and patterns look beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.