|The White Cliffs of Dover, seen from the ferry|
- A tired Dad making a cosy nest on the floor for his wriggly toddler, out of coats and a beloved blanket.
- Two teenage French girls tucking into a breakfast feast of ham baguettes, boxes of salad, cheese and crackers, pains au chocolats and Evian water.
- A middle-aged man with a sun tan, sitting next to the window and working his way steadily through a wordsearch book.
- An extremely pregnant Dutch lady buying five different bottles of perfune in Duty Free.
- A rather harassed looking school teacher trying (and failing) to round up a class of Year 7s wearing matching purple hoodies with Ski Trip Austria emblazoned across the back.
- A woman in pyjamas and a slouchy woolly hat telling everyone how seasick she felt.
- A grandfather saying to his grandson, "Everything's all right now I've got my Sunday Times."
|Waiting to drive off the ferry and back into England|