- Strangely shaped tomatoes from the garden - finally ripening.
- My brother-in-law's strawberry salad: spinach and rocket leaves tossed with strawberries cut into quarters, cashew nuts roasted with black pepper and maple syrup, and a light vinaigrette. Completely delicious.
- A freshly baked loaf of wholemeal bread.
- Marquess Grey tea, from Waitrose.
- A teenage boy friendly supper - one that has large portions and is full of both meat and carbs. Tonight it was chicken, bacon and peas, with orzo pasta, a splash of chicken stock and a dollop of creme fraiche.
- The last few squares of a bar of my favourite Green and Blacks chocolate, after dealing with just one too many enormous spiders today. The best sort of comfort food.
Monday, 3 September 2012
Tastes of the moment
Good things to eat at the moment: