Monday, 26 November 2012

Love-hate

I have a love-hate relationship with essays.
  • I love planning them.
  • I hate writing them.
  • I love editing them.
  • I love submitting them.
  • I hate waiting for them to come back.
  • I hate referencing them.
  • I love reading for them.
  • I love the ordered chaos around my desk as they are written.
  • I hate typing them up.
  • I love rubbing in hand cream as I pause for thought mid-sentence.
  • I hate losing my train of thought and grinding to a halt.
  • I love that carefree feeling once they are handed in.
Essay deadline
My desk - and surrounds - this weekend

7 comments:

  1. I feel very similar about job applications - in fact all the above points apply

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you don't leave them to the last minute though, like my daughter who after telling me all weekend she had no homework revealed this evening that she had in fact a 1000 word essay on the causes of the Civil War to be handed in tomorrow. She also thinks it is possible to do it without reading anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afraid that if I was to write a similar list every sentence would start with 'I hate...'.

    In retrospect it was a miracle that I got past GSCE level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I start an open uni degree in February - I suspect I will very soon have a love hate list of my own xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snap! Both the blog picture (see my most recent post for a matching photo), and the list. Except I enjoy the referencing for some bizarre reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to leave a little comment letting you know how much you inspire through your lists. I have been reading your blog for a couple of years now, and was excited to see that you are studying to become a nurse! I have been working as a birth doula for 2 years now, and just this year began midwifery school. It seems great minds think alike :) Thanks for inspiring!

    Latisha Serrano (Oaxaca, Mexico)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only just stumbled across your blog, so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.