The dress version of this pattern is so simple in its design - I really love that. Very un-fussy. I used narrower bias tape for the neck this time, which I think works a little better. It makes for a narrower bow.
Another change I made was to cut the front in one piece rather than two. I then made a placket for the neck, which saved having to match up all the gingham squares down the front seam (which to be honest I probably wouldn't have had the patience to do anyway).
I hemmed the dress with ribbon, to give it a little more interest, and because I know O loves anything to be trimmed with ribbon. In a very small way I also get a kick out of the little element of rebellious satisfation there is in making an item of uniform with a little touch of individuality to it.
She loves it, and pranced off down the road to school swishing her new dress and looking very pleased with herself.