- The phrase "she'd lose her head if it wasn't screwed on" is a cliché, but it could have been written for O. She has managed to lose two school sweaters, one lunchbox, a piece of homework and two letters home since the start of term. I am beyond exasperated.
- Since the beginning of this week, O now has to wear glasses. A second pair is on order because surely it's only a matter of time before she loses them?
- I made tiffin. It is evil stuff. If it is in the house I must eat it. Simple.
- My apple allergy seems to have disappeared. In the last week I have eaten three apples with no ill-effect. I haven't tried peaches or apricots yet, which give me a much stronger allergic reaction. I might go and sit in the car park of the local A&E and eat a peach, just to see.
- One of the reasons I married G was for his calm spider-removing skills. He is busy at the moment because they are everywhere.
- Sainsbury's now sells paper loaf tin liners, which is great news because that's even handier than popping down to the new branch of Lakeland which has opened just one tube stop away. I don't need to make Evil Tiffin any more, I shall make cherry loaf cakes instead.
- Both C and O have their birthdays next month. Also my brother and my nephew. I have not given this any thought at all, which is probably a mistake.
- I am knitting, but not sewing much at the moment. I need to work out how I can find more time to sew, because I miss it and I want to start on a wedding quilt.
- Two cats down our street are loving this scorching hot Indian Summer. They were blissed out on the pavement this morning, smiling at the sunshine.
- I must never, ever cut my own fringe again. Lesson learned.
|Tiffin in the tin|
|Loaf tin liners|
|Sunbathing cats, down our street this morning|