I have very clear ideas about what sort of person a Nancy is. A Nancy is feisty, strong, independent, feminist and slightly old fashioned. She doesn't take anybody else's nonsense, and she gets things done. I'm not sure that all these attributes apply to me, but they're certainly traits I aspire to.
- Nancy Mitford - writer.
- Nancy Astor - politician; first woman MP to take her seat in Parliament.
- Nancy Blackett - Pirate, Terror of the Seas, and true heroine of the Swallows and Amazons books.
- Nancy Sinatra - singer of excellent, strong songs. This one is my favourite - definitely a feisty, sassy, Nancy song.
- Nancy Drew - multi-talented girl detective.
- Nancy Reagan - although clearly a powerful woman, ultimately too flaky to be a proper Nancy.
- Nancy Dell'Olio - no; just no.
- Nancy in Oliver Twist - an ambivalent Nancy: nurturing, but sappy as well. Gets herself murdered by Sikes. Could have been feisty, but wasn't really.
|Nancy in Nancy - beautiful roses and peonies in our hotel|
How about you? Do you like your name? Do you approve of other people or places who share your name?