- party bags packed - tick
- birthday cake baked (lemon drizzle cake, cut into squares and stacked in a pyramid - I've had very clear instructons) - tick
- sitting room floor hoovered to get rid of stray bits of cotton - tick
- birthday girl's dress ironed - tick
- party games decided upon - tick
- post party bottle of wine for G and me chilling in fridge - tick
- six little gingham aprons sewn for the birthday girl and her friends - tick
This last may be the nicest thing I've ever sewn. We are going to cook jam tarts and ice biscuits together, so I thought they all needed some little matching aprons.
And yes, I did trim them with ribbon. Of course I did.