Saturday 4 February 2012

A day out

Trains are a good way to come home after a day out, because you can stare out of the window and think.  With me on the train late this afternoon were teenagers heading for an evening out, mothers heading home with snuggly toddlers, young men carrying guitars, and weary workers, with supermarket carrier bags hooked over their arms, leaning against the doors.

I wondered about their days and reflected on my own: chatting, listening, sharing, laughing, eating, comparing and relaxing with friends.  We had planned to spend the day crafting, but in the end spent more time eating cake and drinking tea and coffee than knitting.  You know they're good friends when you're too busy laughing to knit more than a row of shawl.

Blogger cakes




But it was such a productive day in other ways.  I came home with ideas for new things to try, support for the things I am doing right now, and a liberating new technique that will completely revolutionise the way I finish my knitting.

Many thanks to my friends:
And especially Dragonfly, for organising us all.

10 comments:

  1. It was a perfect way to spend a saturday - tea, cake, a little craftiness and a lot of laughter in very good company. It was really nice to meet you Nancy and I hope we can meet up again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was a good day - company, food, craft - the ultimate triumvirate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab day Nancy, and lovely to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hugely jealous. glad you had a lovely day. intrigued about the knitting finishing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was such a good, good day and really lovely to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so lovely to meet you in person but I felt as though I had already met you a long time ago. I hope that it is not too long before we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely day, and you were exactly as I knew you would be - it didn't feel like meeting you for the first time, more like renewing an old friendship. Hope we can meet along the m11 corridor one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the most wonderful day! So sorry to have missed it :( Hope we can meet up at Kew again as soon as I finish proofreading!

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool was that then?! I knew we'd get there in the end.
    So good to see you and I'm so glad the snow held off until we had finished all our business!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am beyond jealous at this. Picture me and driftwood, all frowny-faced and full of envy.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.