Tuesday 21 February 2012

Flowers - paper and real

My daffodils

I bought myself some daffodils from the supermarket, but until they come out I am enjoying this paper and twig bouquet made by O and her friend F last week.

Frank & Livvy's paper bouquet

They were inspired by this excellent and inspiring papercraft book of F's - I am planning on getting O her own copy very soon, and writing an update to my post in January about art and craft books for older children and teenagers.  Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. fantastic! v.artistic and unique.x (like the frock too!very glam for a Tuesday, especially as am sat here in mismatched pj's!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those flowers! I must've missed your earlier post about art & craft books for older children - just checked it out now. My older two are ten and nine, and getting to a stage when they can follow a lot of instructions themselves. 10y.o. has gone through quite an origami phase (lots of books around on that), and also likes copying Asterix pictures! I have been doing some soft toy making with both of them (recently from the lovely Hop Skip Jump book) and they are loving a book called Microcrafts. I look forward to your next suggestions... I like to make 'feeding creativity' a priority around here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the link: I've being looking for just this kind of book for a while now. I wonder whether you have come across the brilliant work of Keri Smith - "Wreck this Journal" and "This is Not a Book" which take some alternative creative journeys which older children love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had my eye on that book for quite some time! Must give in...

    And aren't supermarket daffodils the best almost-spring boost? I have a big jug on the go too.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.