Today in London it feels as if winter has very definitely come to an end. The sun was up early, and shone all day. I cleared the back garden - raking, digging, pruning, sweeping, weeding and tying back. Then I tidied up the front garden - more weeding, more sweeping and more pruning. I was outside in the garden for over four hours, and ended up with a warm, pink glow in my cheeks, and a mildly achey back. As I worked I thought back over the winter and it seemed to me to have passed by in a flash.
These are my highlights.
- The arrival of a small, and very precious niece - my little sister is now a mother. I feel pretty much as Soule Mama did in this post.
- Going to see three Olympic test events - the Handball, the Track Cycling and the Diving.
- Finding out about baked oatmeal.
- Making winter blankets.
- Mixed emotions when I paid a visit back to the village where I grew up.
- Meeting a lovely kitchenful of other bloggers for the first time, and finding out that they were in fact just like old friends.
- The return of G's drumming.
- So much knitting - a yellow hat, a green cowl, junior toast, my favourite shawl and two very slow knits which finally got finished.
- Making, and eating, loads of coleslaw.
- Drinking cups of tea and coffee out in the garden, wrapped up in my woollens - not every day, but often.