Friday 25 May 2012

The French spring green shawl

Yesterday evening, as the temperature hovered somewhere around 29 degrees, I finished knitting this very thick, heavy, textured shawl. 

Spring green shawl finished

I have called it my French spring green shawl, because I bought the yarn in France at Easter (and wrote about it here) just as the vivid green oak leaves in Tarn-et-Garonne were coming out.  I used all the yarn I had, and have a sumptuous shawl for my shoulders now.  I love it.

My hair doesn't really look this terrible...does it?

All the details on Ravelry, here.

5 comments:

  1. Sooo gorgeous! Feeling inspired to do one now too despite the crazy-hot weather!

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - after you showed the yarn previously I realised it is exactly the same colour as the parakeets that land in our hedge (I love them - even though I know they are generally frowned upon). You have inspired me to knit a shawl, however I just keep getting distracted in the yarn shop and coming out with a different project! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love it! can I put forward a commission proposal? perfect for juliet wearing! let me know if you have time..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is the fresh green of May ... perfect :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely green - and I think woolly shawl knitting might have precipitated the heatwave, in which case do you think you could cast on another straight away please?

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.