|Gazing over to St Paul's from outside the Globe Theatre|
Seen and overheard at Bankside in the sunshine today:
- two German teenage girls wearing gladiator sandals and heavy backpacks, doubled up with hysterical laughter
- a school party, neat in pale blue and grey uniforms, walking in an impressively ordered crocodile
- a tall, fair, curly-headed man going for his lunchtime run - with a long, lolloping stride like a labrador
- a young man on a pink Brompton bike, weaving in and out of the crowds
- a middle-aged woman with red, round-toed shoes, speaking to someone precious on the phone: "Oh you darling girl! I've been so very worried about you."
- office workers in suits without jackets, turning their faces towards the blue skies and drinking in the sun
- a lady wearing a buttercup yellow shirt, sucking deeply on her iced coffee
- an American woman running after an elderly man striding purposefully towards the pier, calling after him, "Dad, please let me pay for this - you've done so much already."
- a young woman easing off her shoe and wincing as she examined a blister on her heel
- two young men chatting enthusiastically about the step class they'd just been to